View Single Post
Old 09-29-12, 10:35 AM
vins0010

Bikes: '86 Trek Elance 400; '83 Trek 520; 90s Specialized Crossroads, '84 Trek 610 (wife's), 90s Trek Multitrack (wife's), Cargo Trailers, Burley for the Kids, WeeHoo Trailer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The deals go super quick...the greatly overpriced can stay for a long time. I think a large part of it is that more people are getting into cycling, so there is a demand for bikes. And there are a lot of people on CL who bought a bike 8 years ago, then think it is basically worth the same amount they paid for it. I saw someone list an 8 year old Lemond Zurich for as much as I paid for one, last season's model, 7 years ago, new, from an LBS. There are also a few people just looking to rip people off. There are always those people and you just have to watch out for them. I know when I started using Craigslist, years ago, it was a bit more fringey and straight-forward. Now, it is mainstream and the first place many people go to for bikes, apartments, etc. As such, it attracts more of all sorts. More people watch it too...more people just looking to flip, etc. This is part of what makes it really hard to find/jump on those great deals quickly enough.