Old 09-30-12, 10:52 AM
cehowardGS
Motorcycle RoadRacer

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Yo Spiff
I've recently been doing the experimentation with lights as well. Flashlights didn't cut it.

I tried some name brand (Coast & Nebo) 200 lumen flashlights that use 3 AAA's. I mounted them alongside my 200 lumen Cygolite Pace to get 400 lumens and some redundancy. I really liked the beam pattern of the Coast PX-25, but the usable runtime was under an hour, and changing the batteries on the go was a hassle. The next thing I tried was an inexpensive 400+ lumen Ultrafire using 18650 Lion batteries. It worked for about 30 minutes then failed. I returned it to Amazon for a refund. I may try some other cheapies since I now have some 18650 batteries hanging around.

I finally invested in upgrading my 200 lumen Cygolite and bought a 400 lumen version of the same.
Just my opinion, but I wouldn't come out in the night/dark with just 200 lums!

I run these, I get over an hour good runtime out of each one. Each one is capable of running the whole show. I carry a spare battery too.

BTW, the flashlights cost $20 each shipped. Mounts about $2 each..

26650(s)

On the helmet, 26650 too.

these are 18650 lights.. Just as strong as the 26650s.. they burn a way through the night.

But, the biggest difference I seen in running strong lights is not only can I see, but I am seen big time.

In some instance, cars have waited while I was a half block away, until I pass before they turn. The respect I get in running these lights has to be seen...Truly..

Last edited by cehowardGS; 09-30-12 at 10:55 AM.