Old 09-30-12, 03:06 PM
DnvrFox
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by CbadRider
On average only about 50 more hours of sun per year than San Diego. And San Diego has more clear days than Denver.

San Diego gets more sun in the winter months than the summer months. Mild summer (except in fire season) and mild winter. That works for me.
I was born and raised in SD, and love the Carlsbad area. I have also seen the bewildered looks on faces from other parts of the world/country who follow the ads of the SD CofC about "sunshine" in May and June and sometimes July as they try to sunbathe on a 67 degree day under the marine layer fog/clouds at most beaches, waiting for it to "burn off".

Most folks don't realize that SD has multiple climate zones as you get away from the coast, from almost "freezing" at the beaches to 100 degrees in El Cajon/La Mesa/Ramona, etc., to cool again in Mt Laguna, then 100+ as you drop into the desert/Borrego/Anza Desert State Park.

The CofC fails to mention the above, featuring the sun and folks frolicking in the sun at the beach, which does not often happen.

Last edited by DnvrFox; 09-30-12 at 03:10 PM.