View Single Post
Old 09-30-12, 06:32 PM
HillRider

Bikes: '96 Litespeed Catalyst, '05 Litespeed Firenze, '06 Litespeed Tuscany, '20 Surly Midnight Special, All are 3x10. It is hilly around here!

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2026 Post(s)
Liked 1,096 Times in 742 Posts
Originally Posted by Drew Eckhardt
Ultrashift is Campagnolo's second or third (depending on whether you count pointy and round hoods as separate because) generation ergo lever with the current hood design. It still shifts three cogs larger and five smaller. Instead of having 12 clicks on the left lever of which 7 are used for a triple it has just 6.
Does this mean the current Ultrashift levers won't shift a triple crank? I have 2006-vintage Record and Chorus brifters on two bikes, both with triple cranks, and they do use 7 clicks to shift to all three rings. I would hate to give that up when the brifters have to be replaced.

Also, I understand that for 2013, Campy is reintroducing triple cranks at the Athena and below level with Athena being 11-speed and Centaur, etc. remaining 10-speed. I wonder if the corresponding brifters will be modified to shift these triples or if the current versions already will.