Old 09-30-12, 07:26 PM
kiltedcelt

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cehowardGS
Just my opinion, but I wouldn't come out in the night/dark with just 200 lums!

I run these, I get over an hour good runtime out of each one. Each one is capable of running the whole show. I carry a spare battery too.

BTW, the flashlights cost $20 each shipped. Mounts about $2 each..

26650(s)

On the helmet, 26650 too.

these are 18650 lights.. Just as strong as the 26650s.. they burn a way through the night.

But, the biggest difference I seen in running strong lights is not only can I see, but I am seen big time.

In some instance, cars have waited while I was a half block away, until I pass before they turn. The respect I get in running these lights has to be seen...Truly..
I'm still not 100% wedded to the idea a bike-specific light. The one advantage I can see is that some cycle-specific lights may have reflectors that can create an optimal lighting pattern best suited for cycling. I don't know how the flashlights stack up against that. I am for sure going to get a flashlight to run on a helmet mount, but I'm still up in the air over what to run on the bars. I kinda like the idea of running two lights on the bar at the same time to just increase the maximum visibility factor. If I understand correctly, if two lights are both 1800 Lm, but one is powered by 18650 batteries and the other by 26650 batteries, the output will be the same but runtime will be slightly higher from the 26650 lights.

Cehoward - are you saying your getting just a little over one hour run time from your lights? Is that on the highest setting? My commute is seldom longer than one hour and I wouldn't need the brightest setting except for a few areas. I suppose I could also carry extra batteries to swap out, potential disassembly issues aside. Also, where did you purchase your two sets of lights and the batteries?