View Single Post
Old 10-02-12, 05:31 PM
RobbieTunes
Banned.

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked 1,410 Times in 910 Posts
Note: I was just reading about the Specialized founder/CEO in this months Bicycling (not much in it this month). However, as I read the article, a name popped up as a consultant to Specialized: Alan Goldsmith. He worked for WSI and negotiated the Cinelli project on Centurion's behalf, and then had a hand in the design of the later Ironman models. I believe he also was part of Park Pre bicycles, and owns a shop or something in California. He still practices law, from what I understand. Busy guy, one of the behind-the-scenes movers and shakers since the early 80's.

He still doesn't quite get the fuss about Ironman bikes. I may have to go speak with him.

Originally Posted by frantik
since you put the most wild decals back on it, I think you can be forgiven
What I really want is to have my name put in the Centurion font and "float" it in the squiggles. One of my earlier decal sets had a miniature version of the DT decals included. If I could get that miniature version, with my name in it instead of Centurion, that would be cool.

I once thought about buying up a bunch of Ironman frames, and then gettng them powder-coated, new decals, modern components I got here and there, and then do the seat stay decals with my name in the decal instead of Centurion. I figured I could sell them for $650-$750, in as close to new condition as I could afford. We priced 4 frames, 4 sets of Veloce 10-sp, and 4 sets of Khamsin wheels. We could sell them at about $750-$800 and break even. I've given it serious thought, still do. RobbieTunes Remakes. Profit isn't the motive, but losing money would not be acceptable.

I figured lsdmt and I could do 4 on a Saturday, if we stayed sober. Amani76 and drrobwave could keep us in line.

Last edited by RobbieTunes; 10-02-12 at 05:41 PM.