View Single Post
Old 10-05-12, 11:41 AM
SeanBlader

Bikes: 2013 Specialized Tarmac SL4 Di2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 1 Post
I got the Specialized Propero II in large, but thought the medium fit better. The LBS said that it looked too tight, and that the adjusters on a large would be better. It's a little loose around the temples but otherwise it's a fine helmet. I'm just of the opinion that my head is worth a little more than $12.95 despite it being government certified. I'm not sure after recent regulatory issues that certification is necessarily accurate, nor am I sure that profitability vectors in capitalism mesh well with the well being of my head. As an example of things you assume are government certified safe: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw156fNDLGo Okay it's China, but if you have a helmet that isn't made there, then I wannna know about it.

You just never know, and for my money $110 to a reputable company isn't too much money to spend on peace of mind that my head is safe.

All that having been written, I still didn't realize until I was a mile away from home yesterday that I didn't even have it with me, left it in the garage. I guess that's how you know it's a good helmet, when you forget you're wearing it or not.