View Single Post
Old 10-07-12, 09:48 PM
caloso

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Canyon Exceed, Specialized Transition, Ellsworth Roots, Ridley Excalibur

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2952 Post(s)
Liked 3,106 Times in 1,417 Posts
Originally Posted by Beaker
Been a while since I contributed anything here. Diablo Challenge today, better than my dry run last weekend, but still a waaayyyy off what I should be capable of. Still, after a lack of climbing and a few extra lbs I collected while dealing with my collarbone, work, life the universe and everything else that keeps you off the bike, I'll take it.

The real reason for posting though is that I wanted to extend my appreciation to bikingshearer who personally marshaled my backpack to the summit (along with a few others...) and welcomed me to the top with a resounding "Beeeaaaakeerrr!". Thank you sir, much appreciated. Nice to also meet caloso in person at long last.
LOL. It took me a minute to process your IRL name, Twitter handle, and BF username. It was nice to meet you too. Next year we'll get those T-shirts!

As for me, that was my worst time in 4 attempts, but by the time I reached the Rock City, I knew I didn't have it so I just tried to enjoy the ride and take in the sights.