Old 10-08-12, 09:15 AM
Whiteknight

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kenmcchord
Great ride there yesterday, and a brutal course. Over 6800' of climbing (so says my Strava data) over 91 miles. Personally I didn't ride the best, seems I went a bit too hard on Friday's training ride and killed my legs for yesterday, but all in all it was a great ride. The Lehigh valley is some beautiful riding, and the hills were epic! I will definitely do this again.

Was talking with the editor of Bicycling mag at one of the rest stops, and I mentioned that it seems some like to line their bird cage with his mag. He suggested newspaper.
I live in Reading below the Pagoda. When I saw the long course included a run up the back of Mt. Penn and then out across Skyline Drive I wondered how that would go. The last time I was up on Skyline Drive the road surface was falling apart.
The remarks about the parking areas along Skyline Drive being used for same sex pick ups is no big deal. We see the same thing in the Betzwood parking areas in Valley Forge Park on the SRT. Bikers dressed in "kit" are no big deal in Reading. Saw two fly down this street last week. Going back a few years. Reading was for two years part of the Triple Crown series. But UGI is digging up almost every city street for gas main work. Cycling in the city now can be a bit tough.