Old 10-10-12, 08:49 AM
e_guevara

Bikes: Cannondale CAAD10 Team, Giant TCR

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jerrypare
Yeah they are nice bikes. But all factory. I live within my means and that is why I have one bike for the moment. So don't go knockin on people who are relatively new to cycling (3 years) and have there first CUSTOM bike.
If u read my post, I said they were nice bikes. Just don't knock me for my First Custom Steel bike. The frame is Hand Made. Not Factory Made. Just Sayin!!
So what you mean by "custom bike" is you get measured and a frame is "custom built" to your measurements? A lot of companies also do "custom sizing" of their frames. Moots and Seven Cycles are some of the companies that make custom frames at their "factories." These frames are hand-built from cutting, mitering, welding, and final alignment.

I consider custom framebuilders artisans in their own right that produce works of art. And well-built, hand-crafted frames will always be special, some much more than others.

You're not the only one here with a hand-built customized frame.

Originally Posted by JackTheLadd
A friend of mine just started a frame building company (Runout Industries) and so I commissioned a custom titanium frame from him.

I don't consider my bike mediocre.
And so do most of us with our OWN bikes. Our own bikes will always be special to us.

Originally Posted by Yaniel
If the bike was custom built, why didn't you have it made so that it wouldn't need the sstack of pacers, the flipped stem, and the saddle would sit on the middle of the rails? Or is this pre-fitting?
Just threw it together. I have not done the fit yet. That is why I left the spacers on. Don't want to cut the fork to short without getting properly fit. Custom fit does not mean everything is like you want it, it is how I WANT IT.
Like Yaniel said, a "customized frame" that doesn't fit you? Oh, so you wanted a race geometry frame but don't want to ride low because it's uncomfortable?

But if you want some loving to be given to your "CUSTOM bike" with a "custom-built frame" made by a "custom framebuilder" (but with "factory-made" components), here it is - "Jerry you have a nice CUSTOM bike."

But this is the "Hot r Not" thread. It's not about your bike being custom or your ride being comfortable to you. It's about your bike looking good enough to show off. And for me your bike is NOT.