Old 10-11-12, 08:18 AM
GeorgeBMac

Bikes: 2012 Trek DS 8.5 all weather hybrid, 2008 LeMond Poprad cyclocross, 1992 Cannondale R500 roadbike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kurt Erlenbach
You know, George, there are people on death row based on less "hard evidence" than USADA presents. Sworn testimony from witnesses is evidence, and courts and juries every day use it to convict people of far more serious crimes than blood doping in bike races. I suggest you read Tyler Hamilton's book. It describes in detail how he, Lance, and all the others avoided testing positive for many years. I'd consider the statements of Lance's former teammates to be far more reliable evidence than negative urine tests.
Very true... But, over the past 10 - 15 years, with the advent of DNA testing, we have learned that very many of those on death row are innocent. It is the perpetual and unavoidable problem with verbal evidence -- especially verbal evidence coming form the mouth of those who have reason to lie (such as they will be charged if they don't).

When the government decides to prosecute and convict somebody, there is little that they can do...

RIght, Wrong or otherwise, the USADA is clearly out to get Lance. They have unlimited resources and unlimited funding. If they went after you or I in the same way, we too would be guilty as charged...

The real fact is: we will never know the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth becuase those charged with finding it (the USADA) are not interested in it...