edwong3

Bikes: 2023 Zizzo Liberte

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 46 Posts
It's Finally Here!

Hey Gang!

This morning, right after I got up to get ready to go to work, I checked the FedEx tracking, and seen that my package was out for delivery. When I got to work, I called my friend, and let her know to expect the truck sometime in the late morning or early afternoon. Sure enough, after lunch, I called her again, and she said the bike had been delivered. I was able to breath a sigh of relief.

After work, I went home first, and then went to her house to find the large box awaiting for me in her living room.

It was nice to see how the bike was double boxed for more protection during shipping. As a side note, the outer box was in almost perfect shape to begin with so my confidence went up that everything would be OK inside.

It might be a little hard to see but this is how the bike looked in the box. The free bike bag can be seen packed next to the bike in a clear plastic cellophane.

The next photos are after unpacked, and unfolded. They say a picture is worth a thousand words.

My initial impressions just from examining the bike visually is that it is equipped with some really nice features normally seen on bikes costing twice as much such as alloy cranks, alloy hubs, alloy chain ring, an alloy seat post that is actually long enough for those taller people, double walled alloy rims, alloy stem, and handle post, "ergo" styled handlebar grips, and a comfort saddle with the groove and cutout.

Another nice feature are the water bottle braze on, and included in fact a light weight water bottle cage, as well as the bottle. On many bikes, you'd have to purchase those separately.

How does it ride? Well in simple words, not only does the Greenzone Value Edition look like a more expensive bike, it rides like one as well. It still needs some adjustment to the V-brakes, and index shifter but it's close enough for me to get an impression as to how well these components work. Truthfully, the brakes do have a bit of a spongy sensation when you pull hard on them, but under normal pressure, you won't feel that.

But getting back to the ride, it's solid, and pedaling effort is minimal. The drivetrain feels efficient, and I'll be able to ride faster, and further than my old Qile Duo folder. Don't get me wrong, my old folder will still be my commuter, and work horse, but the Greenzone is going to be for PURE FUN! I plan to rejoin my bike club to do group rides over the weekend, and do some moderate long distance riding on the new bike.

An important note here. I paid $199 for this bike but a day or two after I ordered, the price was increased to $249, so I just made it. I am literally either the last or one of the last people to get this bike for under $200 but even at the new price, the "Value" designation still fits quite well. I just happened to buy it while it was on sale. I believe it's worth every single penny even at the higher price.

To say that the GZ VE is a cheaper "knock off" of a Dahon for example, would be wrong. This folder is for people who demand good quality but are watching their pennies. I believe it would make an excellent folder for a first time buyer or someone who already owns a higher end model, and would like a second (or third!) bike to use as a loaner to a friend or relative or as a bike for more utilitarian use given it already comes with fenders, and a strong carry rack.

I will get the brakes, and shifter properly adjusted, and see how it rides from there.

Have a good night!

Ed