View Single Post
Old 10-11-12, 09:20 PM
mickey85
perpetually frazzled

Bikes: 1977 Bridgestone Kabuki Super Speed; 1979 Raleigh Professional; 1983 Raleigh Rapide mixte; 1974 Peugeot UO-8; 1993 Univega Activa Trail; 1972 Raleigh Sports; 1967 Phillips; 1981 Schwinn World Tourist; 1976 Schwinn LeTour mixte; 1964 Western Flyer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Ever notice something?

So tonight, I was going by the local bike-picker (if you live in Fort Wayne and have ever been to the "bike shop" on State, you know what I mean) and spotted a Raleigh Super Course that had to belong to me. Drove home, pulled out the too-small-for-me Cannondale Black Lightning (that I got for free) as well as my Univega that has been plaguing me like the devil and offered them to him in trade. Long story short, that and $25, and I have a completely original 1977-1978 Raleigh Super Course. Complete Suntour groupset, all the way down to the suede seat (though it's not black, so I'm doubting it's original...

Anyway, a cursory look, and it seems that everyone and their brother has a 1973 with cottered cranks, but it's almost impossible to find a later model, bar-con and cotterless crank bike...

Just thought that was kinda weird.

Oh, also, the paint is very faded. Is there a way to restore it a bit, or am I going to just deal with a pumpkin colored bike? Either way is fine by me...