View Single Post
Old 10-13-12, 09:26 PM
photogravity
Hopelessly addicted...

Bikes: 1949 Hercules Kestrel, 1950 Norman Rapide, 1970 Schwinn Collegiate, 1972 Peugeot UE-8, 1976 Raleigh Sports, 1977 Raleigh Sports, 1977 Jack Taylor Tandem, 1984 Davidson Tandem, 2010 Bilenky "BQ" 650B Constructeur Tandem, 2011 Linus Mixte

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by calstar
I posted this in "everyday pics" yesterday by mistake, so here it is again in the right place. BTW, Santa Barbara arguably has the best year round riding on the planet, road or off-road. Tons of different flat rides or climb from the beach 4000' to La Cumbra Peak in the mtns behind SB.

These are a few pics from my standard ride in the foothills behind Santa Barbara. I was lucky, my 24 yr old son Wylie who (rides about 20% as much as me but can drop me easily, but he's kind and hardly ever feels the need; damn those youngsters!) was in town and joined me riding his late 70s Colnago(got from a curbside freebie pile about 15 years ago but that's another story).

Ride starts by climbing up Mission Ridge Rd behind SB, pics of road and view from same, SB harbor and Channel Islands about 30 miles across the Pacific. Next few are from Mountain Dr which pretty much stays at the same altitude of about 1000'(a really fun road, lots of turns, about zero traffic, great views) then looking down coast from the road. Last two are Cold Springs Canyon creek(and trailhead for the canyon, parked cars are hiker's)), my usual turn around point, and Wylie and me.

PS If you ever plan to be in SB with your bike pm me ahead of time and we can plan to go for a ride.

Brian
Nice set of pictures, Brian. Those pictures of the mountains with some of the haze are awesome! What kind of bike did you have along on the ride?