View Single Post
Old 10-19-12, 12:02 PM
ksisler

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by twocicle
Thanks guys. Yes I had read Mark's blog saga of the eccentric, but beggars can't bee choosers.
This 2007 model predates the design change, but for a measly $500 Calfee will ream it out to accept the larger/current eccentric. That and the frame shipping fee would be a killer. We'll try to live with it as most(?) pre-08 owners have. Sadly, the eccentric bolts are indeed slightly buried under the edges of the BB6700 rim. I have some ball-end hex wrenches coming.

One other design change on newer models is a little more room for the 203mm disc rotor on the new frames. I did a mock-up test with the Spinergy Tx2 wheels and had maybe 2mm to spare between the rotor and chainstay.

I've already made a mental note about a couple things I would have done differently: 1) opted for a navy blue Chris King headset, and 2) white spoke wheels.

Anyone know if it is possible to safely remove decals? This frame has a few more than we prefer. If so, how?
If the eccentric is still an issue, might want to check the Rodriguez web site as it has all of them from oldest to the newest designs including the measurements so you can figure out what will fit your frame.

BTW: That is one very sweet looking ride!