View Single Post
Old 10-20-12, 04:37 PM
Kactus

Bikes: 1962 Schwinn Paramount P12, 1971 Schwinn Paramount P13-9

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 20 Posts
I bought a pair of Shimano SPD pedals from them a couple of months ago on eBay. One pedal had damaged threads so I returned them and asked for an exchange and they agreed. After approx. three weeks of not receiving the exchanged pedals and them telling me "they are just fine and work on our bikes" and repeated requests for an exchange I demanded a refund. They emailed back saying that they had "just mailed the new pair yesterday" but in reality they didn't ship until after I demanded the refund!

When the "new" pedals arrived, they were the original damaged ones I had sent back. I contacted them asking WTF they were trying to pull and they then said they wouldn't take back "used" merchandise (I never used the pedals as I couldn't mount them) and I would have to keep them despite there ads offering refunds or exchanges. I had to go through eBay Customer Protection and eBay issued me a refund.

Planet Cyclery is absolutely the WORST seller I have ever dealt with and I wouldn't take anything from them if they were giving it away!

Last edited by Kactus; 10-20-12 at 04:40 PM.