Old 10-20-12, 09:50 PM
Roody
Sophomoric Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 711 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Smallwheels
Is anybody still getting rid of their possessions? In the last three weeks I've sold a dresser, two bed side tables, a coffee table, some toys, a jewelry box, and an old sewing machine cabinet with a sewing machine. I'm almost ready to give away the last few furniture bits. That leaves me with about one-hundred more boxes of stuff (18" x 18" X 16"). The furniture is going easily as long as the prices are really low.

My feeling is that once the furniture is gone most of the clutter will be gone. Boxes don't take up a lot of space. They're more compact. I think I'll just go through them one at a time and decide what to do with the contents. Eventually I'll be down to only the things I want.

I literally could fill my small bedroom nearly to the ceiling with the boxes I have. I wonder just how much of that stuff will be wanted by anybody. My encyclopaedias and other books that came with them won't be wanted. They're from the late sixties. Too bad. These days library sales are full of them. I'm going to try Craigslist for a while to see if free things will be picked up. I have trouble enough trying to get people to come and buy valuable things using that site. It's times like these that I wish I lived in a big metropolitan area. Craigslist would actually work for me there.
Do you have freecycle in your town? It's a good way to get rid of things you don't want that have value to others. Google freecycle and the name of your town to fincd out. Also, Goodwill and Salvation Army in some locations will come and pick up donations.

"Think Outside the Cage"