kingsting
Bicycle Repairman

Bikes: Many

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 32 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by SirMike1983
How much was that bike in Hershey? I'm particularly fond of these and working on one now, but it has drum brakes with rods rather than stirrup brakes. It has a Danish serial number stamp on the seat tube.

However, that pictured bike has some variations from the usual Dawn. It's still an interesting machine.
From what I can see, the grips, saddle, and tires are incorrect on this bike. It had a $500.00 price tag when I saw it on Tuesday. It was gone when I came back through late Wednesday so someone got it but who knows what they paid for it.

Hershey was pretty good for English bikes this year. I picked this up for $50.00 and sold it to a friend a little later in the day.

Bought this clean 1971 Twenty on Tuesday. It had lots of little things wrong with it but I got them all squared away.

I also picked up a ladies 1952 Sports with a complete chaincase. It had a damaged frame and fork so it's now a parts bike.

I saw an early DL-1 with a chaincase that had bad chrome but decent paint and all the goodies were in it including a serviceable B-73. Asking price was $250 early in the show.

Last edited by kingsting; 10-21-12 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Add photos