Old 10-23-12, 05:03 AM
Dan Burkhart 

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 943 Post(s)
Liked 659 Times in 372 Posts
Originally Posted by Captain Blight
Hey, best of luck! Remember to use your mirrors, remember all dispatchers are bastards, and try hard to get a ride in at least twice a week. If you pass (since I certainly won't be passing you!) A Roehl truck that has a grey Trek with alloy fenders strapped on behind, pray give a wave at me.

I wish there were a way you, me, Bianchigirl and DanB (and whoever else I may have forgot) to synchronize sometime and meet up for a ride.
Now that would be cool.
To the OP, hope you are planning to carry a bike with you. Not that you'll get to ride every day. Heck, you won't get the chance most days, but there will be times when you will find yourself in the middle of great riding country with time on your hands, and at those times, a bike on board is mandatory.
I've been trucking for about 38 of the last 41 years, and back at it in semi retirement mode now. (7 days on, 7 days off.)
I've been able to meet up with a couple of members on the 50+ forum for rides, one quite recently in Councill Bluffs Ia.

Story about that ride here. http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...-a-fellow-BFer

Last edited by Dan Burkhart; 10-23-12 at 05:08 AM.