View Single Post
Old 10-23-12, 08:27 AM
giantcfr1
Ha ha ha ha ha

Bikes: 2004 ORBEA Mitis2 Plus Carbon, 2007 Cannondale Bad Boy Si Disc, 2012 Trek Gary Fisher Collection Marlin WSD 29er Aldi Big Box (Polygon) 650b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by johnread
My goal is to take my Specialized Sirrus Limited and make it into the world's fastest, baddest city/commuter/recreational ride. So far, I've changed the stem to one that is a bit longer, added the Shimano SPD pedals, Garmin 500 (pic shows my old iPhone mount), and the ToPeak rack.

Next on the list is a bit fatter tires (28mm from 23mm) with something that has a bit more tread pattern.
You are well on the way with the "world's fastest, baddest city/commuter/recreational ride"

It's interesting that you and I are going in opposite directions. I'm going from a 100mm stem to an 80mm and 32mm tyres to 23mm, as opposed to you going to a longer stem and wider tyres. My Bad Boy's new life will be as a "Recreational, Mountain-road" bike. I'm hoping my wide riserbars married to a shorter stem will help me climb.

Since I started this thread a couple of hours ago, my package of goodies arrived from the UK. Unfortunately now they have to stay in the box until Santa "re-delivers" them.

Last edited by giantcfr1; 10-23-12 at 08:35 AM.