View Single Post
Old 10-23-12, 08:29 PM
otter1833

Bikes: Fuji Gran Fondo, Gary Fisher Marlin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just came home from seeing the movie. As a new fan of cycling (I've been watching since the beginning of the '11 season), I thought the film was presented well and wasn't too technical. It served to humanize him by letting us see his home life and meeting his parents/family. Doping wasn't a huge subject in the film, although it was discussed a few times. He tried to explain his actions for the camera and seemed sincere. The film was really two basic parts: a bio of Levi and then his Gran Fondo in Santa Rosa. The bio took us from his roots in Butte, Montana up through his latest season, with special concentration on the Amgen ToC. The Gran Fondo part was letting us see what the fundraising did for his community and the excitement of thousands of riders sharing the day. The Q&A session after the film was a candid look into his thoughts as well as the film makers. Tom Danielson was there and proved to be the comic relief. Overall, it was a good story and didn't bore my wife too bad (as she has no interest in bike racing).