View Single Post
Old 10-25-12, 06:42 AM
jrickards

Bikes: 2012 Kona Sutra, 2002 Look AL 384, 2018 Moose Fat bike

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
This morning was the warmest yet of the past few weeks, 10C, with a forecast of 19C for the afternoon (and sunny too!!!). I just wore a shell and long sleeved jersey (and shorts too people, c'mon!!) and had to unzip the shell partway along the route. I have an afternoon meeting scheduled to end 30 min after my regular day ends so I rode in 30 min later this morning. It was a little brighter and I felt a bit more awake too, enough to race a car down a hill (56kph, which is good for me and about as fast as I can pedal in top gear). The only setback of the morning ride was the SE 22kph wind which was a headwind for 4 hills and 2/3 of the ride so I'm surprised I was able to maintain 21.5kph average rate.

Before I headed home yesterday, I realized that before I had even started, my legs were burnt so I took the short route but even that was a real struggle, I just limped home. Fortunately, my legs had seemed to have recovered by the morning, maybe it was the 1/2 bottle of wine, Piave cheese and dark chocolate I had after the memorial mass for my sister that helped.