Old 10-25-12, 08:33 AM
NRZ

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rekmeyata
The new trend in pro racing is going toward 25's anyways, plus with the additional weight the bike will be carrying you'll be more than fine.

How did you like the Vitt's Rubino Pro Slicks? I bought a set last year on closeout and just put them on last month and they seem pretty good to me, no flats yet, great handling, smooth riding, but I only have maybe 500 miles on them. What was your opinion of longevity and problems?

I have several bike using Kenda Konstrictors and those tires were great, the one set that wore out had 4200 miles with only 1 flat during that whole time period and only two small cuts. I'm not too brand specific though, I buy whatever I can find on the deepest sale price with high reviews, I can't bring myself to justify spending more than $35 for a tire when I can get $50 to $65 tires for under $35 on sale. I got the Kendas on a closeout sale from $45 to just $19 a piece, and I paid $24 each for the Vitt's.
I loved the Rubino Pro Slicks. I had little to no problems with them. Minimal flats and when I got them they were easy to change (some tires are horrible to get off the rim). I just like trying new things, especially tires. I want to say I got about 2500 out of them before changing them and I was 235lbs when I started riding so the cuts became the cause for replacement. If I get 2500 miles out of set of tires I'm estactic.

I usually look online, but the LBS is where my best friend works so while I probably paid more I had instant gratifaction and supported a local business. The 25mm was also a spur of the moment decision.