Old 10-29-12, 03:07 PM
DubT

Bikes: Trek Speed Concept 9.9, 2011 Calfee Tetra Tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Krenovian
Thanks Dean. I've read through this thread twice and somehow missed Merlin's comments. For those of you using the non CenterTrack belt drive system are skipping and the belt walking off of the rings a common issue? I'm asking because there appears to be a $150 premium for the CT system. One dealer online is asking $295 for the CenterTrack system while the belt and rings for the non CT system can be found for $145. I'm considering the CenterTrack system for our tandem and for a Rohloff/Belt drive touring bike build I'm thinking (dreaming) about.
On the single speed and internally geared side of things I've read articles that claim the CT system requires more precise alignment and if this isn't achieved the system can make more noise and possibly cause more rapid wearing of the belt. What is the real world experience of you early adopters? Is it harder to achieve proper alignment compared to the the non CT system on a tandem frame? Probably way too early to tell concerning wear but with less tension in the setup one would hope for extended belt life compared to the non CT systems?

Curtis
I ordered ours directly from Gates and here is the price quote that I received from them.

Wayne,
I finally have pricing. The 69 tooth are $75 each and the belt is $95. Please call or email in your CC and I will get this shipped.

Thanks,