Old 10-29-12, 11:26 PM
Peter_C
I am the Snail~!

Bikes: 2010 TerraTrike Rover 8

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thank you all for the kind words. I am hoping that perhaps some of the newer members/lurkers will get the 'gist' of the message, which is, if I can do it, I honestly believe most anyone else can if they have the desire to do so. It's not a magic pill, and there are still 'bad days' as well as good ones, but this is one of the very rare times in my life that I have been able to stick with something long enough to make real, lasting, meaningful changes in me. Riding is a reward for me, for doing all the other stuff. I didn't get a bike to help the new knee, or the new hip (although it has certainly done so), but rather the bike, and then the trike is my reward for getting, and then rehabbing, the joints replaced thus far. Riding is the carrot on the stick in front of me, and I thank God it has continued to be a carrot for me.

Originally Posted by goldfinch
Wow, you are looking good.
You make me want a trike every time you talk about your adventures.
Hehe - remember, PROs and CONs to each and every choice~! I am so glad that I switched to a recumbent trike. But, of course they are not for everyone. For me, trading more comfort for speed, no fear of balance issues, being able to ride as slow as I like, being able to stay clipped in when I stop, always having a chair whenever I pause, the real ability to easily carry all the crap I like to bring with me on a ride, and on and on. But for ever positive reason I bring up, another can surely give a reason to stay on two wheels - of course, here's a perfect reason for N+1 - right?