Old 10-30-12, 11:04 PM
carpediemracing 

Bikes: Tsunami road bikes, Dolan DF4 track

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked 180 Times in 102 Posts
Originally Posted by Brian Ratliff
For the love of God, get in touch with a lawyer, stop posting on a public message board. First rule of legal action is don't talk about that sht in public until everything is all said and done.
^ what he said.

For future stuff, regardless of the outcome of this particular case, wear a helmet cam on every ride. I do, mainly for morbid reasons like what happened to the OP. It's very, very, very cheap insurance, $300 (for the Contours I use), you can spend less on other cameras. Get a 720p minimum so that the camera will pick up license plates. 1080 is good but I found it's not necessary.

What if a car had cut you off? What if you ran a red light? If it's your fault it's your fault and it should remain that way. If it's the other person's fault then you should have absolute proof of that.

I did NOT have absolute proof when it was the other person's fault. Therefore I now wear a video camera whenever I ride. I also have forward and backward pointing cameras in my car, for the same reason. I know how I ride and drive and I stand by what I do on the bike and in the car, 100%, so I have no fear of recording myself doing something I want to hide. At the same time I have much less faith in how other people drive and ride.

If I have a catastrophic mechanical failure at least it'll be apparent on video that it was that, not a car or a truck etc.