Old 10-31-12, 12:06 AM
spinerguy

Bikes: Litespeed Teramo, Argon 18 Road, Fuji Mt Fuji Pro MTB, Fuji Track Pro FG, & Cannondale Quick CX Cross

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hope all is well recovering.

I recently had a little accident myself: brand new chain snapped, ripped rear derrailer and got solidly lodged between spokes and cassette. Fortunately I was climbing at slow speed, should that happen descending results would've been horrific.

With all these recent talks about carbon life expectancy, actually I was reflecting about it, my personal fear is that the steerer becomes separated at the base.
I would've never expected to happen at the blades which are thick and the strongest part of forks, of course conducting forces in the direction they were designed for.
Good luck if you decide to sue Trek, it's going to be nearly impossible to determine if its a defective fork and given the age it's most likely to be adjudicated to accumulation of fatigue/abuse. I don't think you can argue mfg product liability given Trek's manufacturing standards and damages of "soft tissue" type only garnish peanuts in Courts but hey, maybe you can score a new ride and some hospital compensations.