View Single Post
Old 10-31-12, 10:01 PM
Zephyr11
Pint-Sized Gnar Shredder

Bikes: '09 Jamis Komodo, '09 Mirraco Blend One, '08 Cervelo P2C, '08 Specialized Ruby Elite, '07 Yeti AS-R SL, '07 DMR Drone

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gonna be tough to find a decent trainer for <$100. If you keep an eye on Craigslist, you might be able to find a good mag trainer if you get lucky...I know Kinetic and CycleOps make nice ones. I think Blackburn makes some cheaper trainers, but I have no idea how good they are. Don't cheap out too much though. I bought a really cheap mag off Craigslist at first, used it for a year and then realized what a POS it was after using my friend's CycleOps Fluid2. Splurged and picked up a Kinetic Road Machine, and it's...well, still a bike trainer, but sucks a lot less.

My biking actually got put on hold this fall. Signed up for a marathon and figured I'd be pissed if I took myself out biking. Should be...interesting. My running is the opposite of my riding. I'll ride my road bike if you twist my arm, but I won't be all that happy about it. Similarly, I'll run on trails if I have to, but I'll probably whine. Perfectly happy riding trails and running road though.

Oh, and I'll deal with a trainer before a treadmill, although both suck quite a bit.