Old 10-31-12, 10:35 PM
bigd

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I had an injury causing scarring due to a manufacturers defect with a Trek product. My LBS made an attempt to promptly replace the defective part. I did consult a lawyer for some advice and was told that the shotgun approach would be used and the shop would be involved. Not feeling good about involving my LBS, who was clearly not at fault and not wanting to layout the cash to get a lawyer, I asked my LBS to contact the TREK rep. Within a day or so, Trek got in contact with me. I explained to the rep about my dissatisfaction with the initial attempt to rectify the problem. I then told him how peeved I was that the defective part scarred my leg and that no consideration was made to my disfigurement. I also indicated that I did my homework as to why the part failed and that I did talk to a lawyer. Trek promptly replaced my complete drive train on my bike and asked me what they could do to make me happy again. I replied to them a wish list of parts retailing to several thousand dollars to which they promptly supplied to me. No lawyers got involved, no releases or agreements were signed, the defective part was returned back to me as promised and an apology was provided. I'm happy with the people with Trek and the way that they handled the situation.