View Single Post
Old 11-04-12, 09:27 AM
BaggerRyder

Bikes: Gary Fisher Sugar 4+, Kona Rove

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You may want to look into the Oakley Jawbone or Split Jacket. Interchangeable lens system with lens options that do have vents which will help with fogging. The Jawbones are for big faces, Split Jackets fitting smaller faces. You would have to use slip on straps on the end of the ear stems.
I have 10 pairs of Oakley's, I'm kind of an Oakley glasses geek, and typically ride my bicycle and motorcycle with a pair Hi-Jinx with transition lenses that are prescription. They are large framed glasses that offer a lot of protection but are a little heavy so not for everyone. The transition lenses are great outdoors but don't transition from clear to smoke behind car windshields or helmet visors that block UV rays.
A tip for not paying too much is buy the glasses from OakleyVault and then take them to your Optometrist to have them send into Oakley for your Rx lenses if they will. The Vault typically sells close outs and discontinued glasses at about half the price of the original retail. You will want to make sure that the frames accept Rx lenses before you go this route. You can also go to a Sunglass Hut to try them on and then order the glasses directly through your Optometrist. You're medical insurance may help reduce some of the cost of the frames as well as the Rx lenses.