View Single Post
Old 11-04-12, 12:40 PM
smoke
Royal Grand Exalted Pooba

Bikes: Time VXR ProTeam, Look 695, Pinarello Paris Carbon, Ridley Dean, Time ZXRS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by revchuck
Where I live, it's common to see guys drive $30-40k 4WD pickups to work, and have matching bass boats to haul behind them on weekends, plus a four wheeler or three at the house. My 2009 F150 cost $16k new, and my main bike is a Look 585 with a mixed Ultegra/DA drivetrain and handbuilt wheels...no bass boat or four wheeler (or beer gut), either. It's all in where your priorities lay.

Trek, Specialized and other companies sell framesets in that price range as well. They offer them because there's a market for them.
this. i own one car, i don't have any sailboats, planes, bass boats, or vacation homes. i don't feel bad about splurging on a great bike; it's one of the few indulgences i allow myself. if that doesn't work for you, that's fine. we all have a few things we throw a lot of money at, because we really enjoy it. that's not wrong, it's different

-Fyodor Dostoevsky's Grand Inquisitor