benajah
One legged rider

Bikes: Kuota Kharma, Surly LHT, CAAD9, Bianchi fg/ss

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by foresthill

Before that, I lived in the the South Bay and a little ways up the peninsula in Menlo Park. I still go back there for work once a month. Also great year-round riding. It never gets too hot to ride, and is rarely too wet or cold in the winter. It is super super expensive. Unless you can do something that's valuable to the tech industry, it can be really hard to make ends meet here.
yeah, very true. I'm a real estate broker, and I still can't make sense of why the cost of living is so high here, and I'm supposed to be the expert. Manhattan and the SF Bay are are just these strange places that don't follow the normal course of economics.
i do have a theory based on my three hobbies...sailing, cycling, and skiing. Last winter I went skiing in the morning in Tahoe, drove back home, Saturday. Went for a ride the next morning, and spent the rest of the day sailing on the bay.
So three addictions satisfied in a weekend....from a purely business perspective it makes no sense to live here, but from a leisure perspective, there are few places that can deliver such.