LesterOfPuppets
cowboy, steel horse, etc

Bikes: everywhere

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12792 Post(s)
Liked 7,699 Times in 4,087 Posts
Originally Posted by spivonious
I don't see the point of running the front light on flash. Drivers on the other side of the road aren't going to hit you, and you risk distracting them. It doesn't help you see the road at all.

Is the reasoning for front flash to help prevent people pulling out from side streets? I think a bright headlight would do the same coupled with riding farther away from the curb.
Gotta have the front blinkie when rolling through some areas. There's one strip of my commute that I call The Gauntlet. It's about a mile long jam packed with driveways. Many of them fast food joint and bar driveways. You wanna be the most obnoxious rolling disco show possible when traversing such driveways. Frequent Airzound blasts probably wouldn't hurt none neither but I don't have one of those. Once I get past the KFC I put my light back to solid, though. I'll often put it back to blinkie if I see a driver coming up to the road from a sidestreet or driveway, just to make sure.

Funnily enough, in my FB feed this morn:

Dear cyclists, We can see you coming with just a normal light on your bike!!! It is completely unnecessary for you to have a bright flashing strobe light going @ 6 am not only on your bike but on your helmet , you people are going to give some one a freaking seizure with that ****!!!!!