spinnaker
Every day a winding road

Bikes: 2005 Cannondale SR500, 2008 Trek 7.3 FX, Jamis Aurora

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3394 Post(s)
Liked 63 Times in 46 Posts
Originally Posted by DiscTruckerMF
This is probalby a dumb question because it seems every loaded touring forum is full of old curmudgeons who insist on everything being old school and always over prepare for the absolute worst but has anyone toured on tubeless tire setup? as a clyde I'm looking into it but the larger tire size options are simply non existent for road tubeless tires. Cyclocross tires are probably going to be far too slow on pavement but they are available in tubeless models in a 35c. I've heard that many tires that aren't billed as tubeless can work in tubeless conversions but it's more dangerous with road tires because the higher pressures mean regular tires beads will strectch and not hold a seal. I'm wondering if a 35c road tire at 50 or 60 psi would be considered high pressure though? I'm thinking that statement is meant for someone considering taking a conti 6p4000 and trying to go tubeless and inflate it to 110psi
No one has asked why you want to do this. Just because you can? I can see no benefit and nothing but headaches for touring. Call me an " old curmudgeons" but I think it is a dumb idea. Sorry.