View Single Post
Old 11-15-12, 06:12 PM
ericzamora
junior

Bikes: 2018 Norco Search XR 105 steel gravel bike / 1983 Bianchi Campione D'Italia / Gary Fisher Wingra / Motobecane Nomade mixte (daughter's) / Norco Fluid 2 HT

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
I would like to add my own Bianchi to the mix. It's a 59 cm 12-speed Campione D'Italia i bought and raced during high school. I graduated 1984 so I'm guessing i bought it 81-83. Not sure where to find the serial number, nothing but 2•A on the drive side of the seat lug and 156 on the opposite side of the seat lug. The bike shop i bought it from said it was a "budget-racer." those guys are still around 30+ years later but run a different shop here in town now.

While I rode it I changed out some components. New Campy shift levers, built up new wheels when all-black seemed a good idea (originals were silver rims and sew-ups which i still have). These new wheels are Campagnolo Omegas i bought on closeout somewhere with 700c Vredestein Forreza clinchers and 32 hole Nuovo Record hubset. i swapped the original Cinello black suede Unicantor seat for the Cinelli you see here, black Modolo brake levers, swapped the original stem (3TTT?) for the Cinelli 1R, ugly LOOK pedals (originally Campy Gran Sport), Super Record headset (i think), original was a rough feeling Gran Sport headset. You'll notice i also added three stickers to the frame. one large blue script Campagnolo on drive side of the TT and two small oval yellow and blue Campy stickers to the front and back of the seat tube. i was young. i needed the money... If i remember correctly, Columbus Tretubi was SL on the main triangle and SP on the seat and chain stays.

I still have most of the original parts, i think. Original silver Speedy brake levers, plus a NOS set of Speedy brakes with the labeling in a script and the silver levers, ONE Modolo gum hood (the other must be temporarily misplaced . scary thing is i also have a pair of unused AME anatomic gum hoods in pink. PINK! whew. dodged that bullet what was i THINKING

anyway, as i try to get an old CL-found mixte Motobecane i picked up for my daughter running again, i've stumbled across the C&V forum and i'm feeling a bit inspired to start riding again, and nostalgic. or will at least clean my celestial baby up. if anyone can help me locate the serial number, i'd much appreciate it. I tried sending a private message to T-Mar about the database but this is only my second post. 48 more to go...

forgive the drawn-out post but i was figuring if anyone could appreciate the details i've offered, this forum would.

here are some more photos hosted elsewhere. i don't do this often so hopefully it works:
http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s.../My%20Bianchi/

eric
fresno, ca.

Last edited by ericzamora; 11-15-12 at 06:29 PM.