View Single Post
Old 08-21-05, 08:06 AM
AverageCommuter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by skyfish
AverageCommuter, according to this page http://www.bikepartsusa.com/product_...ardwalkS1BLACK S1 has the Magnetix.
Or is it just misprint?
I never could find a spec. sheet for the S1 on the Dahon website so I can't say for sure what it is supposed to have from the factory. I just know mine didn't have them. Did a quick comparison between the one they have there at bikepartsusa.com and the ones for the D6 and the D7. That sheet looks more like the specs for an '04.

Originally Posted by af895
Yer either gonna get wet or you aren't.
Not true. Skyfish may not need them, that'd be his call. I'll be commuting on mine, and I dress for work. I can't show up with a dirty water stripe down my back. Somehow I always seem to leave for work right AFTER it has finished raining. I found out that those ABS clip on half fenders that they have for MTB's aren't worth a crap. I snagged a set of full steel fenders from an old girls huffy that had been set out in somone's trash and they work like a charm. So I know what you mean about finding useful stuff sitting at the curb. That same bike also had a perfectly good shimano three speed hub on it.

Originally Posted by af895
You might be able to get the "Magnetix" widgets direct from Dahon. Don't they just screw into the eyelets near the rear axle?
I think you may be right. I'll see if I can get a set the next time I'm making an order at the bike store. Of course I just ordered my hub generator and lights yesterday. Wish I'd thought of that while I was there.