EpicSchwinn
Just smang it.

Bikes: Felt F1X, Trek 2300 Composite, Dawes Deadeye

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by rafiki530
So I bit the bullet and tried to wrap my bars with the videos but all those videos show people wrapping the tape around brake hoods.

Thus the direction of the tape self tightens with your grip. I don't know if that makes any sense like the bottom half runs one direction to your hoods then you flip it for the top so when you grip the top it runs the opposite way you grip. but I just wrapped it tight cause there are no hoods and I don't want it to unravel.

When I asked my friend about it he said that most people don't even wrap the top. Is this a thing are you not supposed to wrap the top of drop bars?
In real track racing, people are always on the drop parts of their bars when they're racing. For that reason, track bikes usually just have the bottom part wrapped. For a bike you're going to ride on the streets it's fine to wrap up to the top. People that ride on the streets and wrap only the bottoms do it for fashion. It's a good idea to wrap the tops because you'll probably be using them frequently and it sucks to have unpadded and/or cold bars.

As for the unraveling thing with the hoods, I don't know the work around other than just wrapping it tight and making sure you get a tape with adhesive backing.