View Single Post
Old 11-23-12, 05:28 PM
Podagrower

Bikes: Giant Defy Composite, Spechialized Ruby (hers), Niner RLT9, Miyata 712, Condor ??

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked 31 Times in 19 Posts
Caught in the tech trap

Please do not let this devolve into an I vs A slam fest.

I like tech, I am a nerd. I want a heart rate monitor, I want a dedicated speedo and odo for my bike, I want a cadence readout. First, I wanted a heart rate monitor to keep a better eye on my workout intensity vs cardio vs fat burning. So I started looking at HRMs, and not really to my surprise, found the new ones are bluetooth enabled-specifically bluetooth 4, which my phone has. Then I realized without the benefit of a HRM that I like to mash, and need to get my cadence up. So I started looking for a computer with a cadence sensor, and not really to my surprise, found that you can get a computer that does speedo, odo, HRM, cadence, and GPS if you don't mind spending a few hundred.

And then today, I find the Wahoo bluetooth cadence and speed sensor. For $75 bucks, I can get cadence, speed and odo, on my phone, which already has GPS-add in a bluetooth HRM for another $75, and I could be all set. If I had an Iphone, pad, touch.
Except I am an Android user, and alas, there is no app to tie it all together.
So, what say ye? Buy an out dated bike computer that does all the things I want? Or wait until someone develops an Android app just for me?