View Single Post
Old 11-26-12, 04:25 AM
Kevin Harvey

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ive' had one hub motor ,not geared & made sure when i sold it ,it went to a guy living in a city without hills (500W )I know geared hub would be better than that but I then went to midrive cyclone 500w ,now have 4, sold 4 made up most with liFepo4 (I make up pack so fits snug round bot. front of bikes even with rear suspention), living on a Small mountain in our city if it were not for the gears they'd be useless for me getting home , for myself I use 960w cyclone with nuvinci as I was always having derailer problems with the 36v probably too much thrust on gears , even now nuvinci slips a bit----If a hub motor was as efficient as that Tesla the derailers would not be thrashed the same. Show me a hub motor that can shoot up a staircase as midrives do on their adds.Hall sensors whats that -have seen the wording in parts but wouldnt know what use it would be for. On a cyclone motor the greatest power is in one particular rev range, I beleive geared hub the same ,Electric trains don't have gears with their power all the way up the rev-range.Give me that Tesla motor but a bit smaller.