Old 11-26-12, 10:41 PM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by VeloNewbie
Awsome! I cant wait to watch some people out there before I jump into it. It will just be weird for me though since I usually ride by myself. I dont have a high end track bike(I dont think I need a full carbon rig.lol.). Its a KHS Flite 100 with everyday parts(IRD cranks, profile hubs, NJS stem, Brooks saddle, etc.). How many people are usually in the beginner class?
If you are a morning person, stop by on Saturday Sunday mornings between like 9-11AM. There are a few people that sometimes train during that time. It's no guarantee, but you might see some regulars there. Just say hi.

Don't sweat the fact that you don't have a high-end bike. Most don't either. Here is the DLV Flickr group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/dlv/pool/

Have a look and see the normal gear that people use. Yeah, there are guys that ride fancy stuff, but most don't. Most bikes are aluminum. Then a few carbon and steel frames. You'll find out quickly that a fancy frame won't make you significantly faster. A frame to a cyclist is like a set of basketball shoes to a basketball player. You really just need them to fit well and be durable. Many people buy high end gear to solve particular problems (like flexing) or just to have fancy things (there's nothing wrong with that).