SlimRider
Banned

Bikes: Raleigh Grand Prix, Giant Innova, Nishiki Sebring, Trek 7.5FX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BykOfALesserGod
Why do some people think that the BBB has some sort of consumer protection / legal mandate? They are about as useful in pursuing your rights as Yelp. Trade fraud falls under the Federal Trade Commission although I doubt that the FTC will bother with this.

The bottom line here is that you are not happy with your purchase and your LBS should make it right until you are satisfied. I myself will tell them I want ANOTHER bike NIB period.

Don'r forget the power of the internet. If you are truly forthcoming with the truth you can always OUT the shop here.
I must admit, the BBB just ain't the honest institution it used to be.

However, the BBB does help to settle thousands of these civil cases each year. To that extent, the court still respects the BBB as an ally. If you demonstrate that the BBB tried to intercede on your behalf, without any cooperation from the bike shop, then that swings the court towards your favor. In many cases, it turns the plaintiff's case into more of a "slam dunk" win, that takes less time to decide.

However, I do agree that the BBB is no longer due the high level of respect in once earned many years ago!

Corruption is indeed, a hard pill for the public to swallow!

Last edited by SlimRider; 12-02-12 at 11:27 AM.