View Single Post
Old 12-03-12, 03:54 PM
John Forester

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hagen2456
It's unclear what you're actually trying to say HERE about looking and signaling - in this thread and elsewhere on BF.
This thread is not a book of instruction, but a discussion about parts of cycling. Bek has presented his deliberate misrepresentations of vehicular cycling and of Effective Cycling with the purpose, I suppose among others, of persuading you and others like you that my instructions about cycling by obeying the rules of the road for drivers of vehicles are confusing, misleading, and dangerous. That's his ideological purpose. One can respond to honest criticism, such as that recently provided by Genec, by providing reasonable answers. However, when the criticism starts with dishonest misrepresentation for the purpose of ideological warfare, as does Bek's, it is very difficult to provide, to an audience that has not read the original, full answers to all the aspects that can be brought up, not without republishing major parts of the book being criticized. That's been long known about the theory of propaganda. Lies jump over all fences, while truth has to wait for the gate to be opened.

In a sense I am sorry for you, for having been so misled by Bek's propaganda, but, on the other hand, you have chosen to comment repeatedly about cycling in America, about which it seems that much of what you think you know is that provided by Bek.