View Single Post
Old 12-05-12, 07:07 PM
ModeratedUser150120149

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by agent pombero
I get no financial kickback for issuing these tickets. What I do get is happiness that the driver must pay $142 AND more importantly a message to NOT text or make calls while driving, per Oregon law. This law wasn't created just to give drivers a bad day. There is endless research that shows the dangers of driving while texting or making phone calls, which all of us here on BF are all aware of. So, GoPro camera at its cheapest is $199. All I need to do is get a minimum of two drivers successfully ticketed and I feel as though my camera is "paid off". Every subsequent ticket is pure joy! Wouldn't it be nice to have issued 50 tickets, for a total of $7100? That means I spent $35 for issuing a ticket. Overtime I can get it down to the cents per ticket issued. This of course is for the greater good of other motor vehicles, pedestrians, and cyclists. A large # of people here in Portland are still on their cellphones will driving. This afternoon I was at a coffee shop sitting outside and counted 33 drivers on their phones in the span of 15 minutes. Disgusting and 100% unacceptable. I will be running all of these idiots through the court system.
If you are issuing tickets does that mean you are a law enforcement person and are just using the camera to support the ticket?