Old 12-05-12, 08:10 PM
bwfox

Bikes: Varied and subject to change

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cannondale CAADX Fit?

My LBS will give me a decent deal on a 2013 Cdale. I typically ride a 58cm road bike. I also ride a Lg Salsa Fargo 29er. I have a long 35" true inseam, (wear 34") jeans. I also have a very short torso. Typically on a 58, I have to use a very short stem to keep the top tube from being too long. He doesn't stock any CAADX bikes, so I have to guess at my size. I have read on some forums, that the Cdale runs a tad big, especially with a slightly higher b/b height as compared to a road bike. I live in a very rural area and I have to ride 4 miles of dirt/gravel to hit the pavement. I want a CX bike mostly for gravel roads and some pavement. I want to use it as my primary road bike. I have mtn bars on my Fargo and I want to put the dirt drops on the CX. I am more interested in getting a more upright position. The 2 brands that seemed to fit a bit more upright and relaxed is the Giant TCX and the CAADX. I have been able to sit on a L Giant and I could make it fit. The Giant dealer is 200 miles away. The CDale would be local, but I have to order it in w/o trying one. I guess my question is whether I could make a 56 work? I have a 58 Roubaix that I'm going to sell and it's pretty big. Any experience out there?
Thanks!