Old 12-07-12, 09:09 AM
qcpmsame 
Semper Fi

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1172 Post(s)
Liked 358 Times in 241 Posts
Do you mean that the hub will go to Harris Cycles for its rebuild? Sheldon Brown passed away in 2008. (Denver beat me to this, sorry) I am familiar with the SE Georgia where you are at, my dad lived in Savannah before WWII, beautiful country around that area. You may want to check into a new rear cog for the rear S-A cog, it could change the overall gearing to what you are looking for and be relatively inexpensive although having a pro service the hub is a good idea if it is really old and the inner lubricant is as aged and probably broken down. Again, check with our Classic and Vintage Forum about this IGH and rebuilds or regearing, they have several very knowledgable people for the S-A 3-speed hubs that are there a good bit and are super nice people, to boot.

I think as I said above, any of the three bikes would be good, the giant is the best quality in my book but I am no expert by any means. Hopefully some of the 50+ members that ride IGH bikes will see your post and can offer better advise to you. Best of Luck.

Bill

I Can Do All Things Through Him, Who Gives Me Strength. Philippians 4:13