Old 12-07-12, 12:22 PM
marqueemoon
or tarckeemoon, depending

Bikes: Davidson Impulse, Merckx Titanium AX, Bruce Gordon Rock & Road, Cross Check custom build, On-One Il Pomino, Shawver Cycles cross, Zion 737, Mercian Vincitore, Brompton S1L, Charge Juicer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
You are over 45 and do 4 races in a weekend? I'm not sure I would have any helpful advice. You are already kind of a badass. I guess my only question is are you getting the results you want/still having fun doing four races in a weekend?

I usually do one 40-45 minute race on Sundays. This year I did singlespeed for one series and 35+ 4 masters for the other. Racing for over 45 minutes with the whippersnapper singlespeeders did good things for my other racing. I'm moving on to the 3s next year.

I commute by bike just about every weekday (only about 10 miles round trip at an easy pace).

I try to get in two 40 minute sessions on the gym bike on "random". I absolutely hate riding the trainer at home. I've been working on building up the resistance while maintaining a 100-110 cadence. I work on my breathing and watch my heart rate carefully. Basically I try to put myself in the pain cave twice a week. After this I stretch in the hot tub.

After one particularly draining race I started using a foam roller. Not pleasant, but it worked.

Sometimes I'll work on skills for an hour or so on Saturdays. I live close to a park with a beach. A few sessions of sand riding were really helpful.

I've decided I need to also work some running into my routine. On my lunch will probably be the best time to try to accomplish this. There are some nice steep and wooded trails by my work that I've explored a little.

I also need to work on my upper body and core a little and whip myself into shape more before next season starts. Once the weather turns to crap and and I'm spending half the day at races on Sundays motivation and spousal permission for long weekend rides have a way of drying up.