Thread: FG Rook
View Single Post
Old 12-07-12, 09:14 PM
Gingi
Stuck in the '80s.

Bikes: 1986 Takara Elitist, 2002 Jade AL-C (frameset), early '70s Atala Grand Prix (For Sale), 70s Frejus mod. Tour de France (resto in progress), 1971 Bob Jackson (resto in progress), 70s Speedway (ss converted), 2002 Bianchi Eros frameset

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
FG Rook

Hi, I'm new to bikes as a passion (I've had bikes off and on throughout the years) and have had the good fortune to pick up three decent '80s road bikes cheap (2 '85 Huffy Omni-10s (1 Suntour-equipped, 1 Huret-equipped) and one '84 Huffy Strider(also Suntour-equipped)). My second Omni-10 I am wanting to convert to fixie. What will I need over the transition period? We're (my local co-op and I) fairly certain 700c wheels will clear, but beyond that I'm unsure what to do. If I can find them at the co-op, what brands should I use for which components? I'm on a fairly tight budget and most of my gear will be from the co-op, but if there's something I shouldn't compromise I will splurge for it. Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide. Also, I'm pretty stuck on my Huffys, so 'get a lighter/better platform' isn't very likely. Thanks again.