Old 12-09-12, 01:13 PM
ztaxin

Bikes: schwinn fixed, custom-build fuji suncrest

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
going cross country this summer, anyone in for a piece of the ride?

hey there bikeforum peoples!

i'm a 1st year med student who is taking this summer to bike across this fine country of ours. i did the west coast PCH ride last summer by myself and it was awesome. i met a lot of great people along the way and thought it might be nice to put some feelers out onto the interwebs to gauge interest in a cross-country trip. I don't have a set itinerary or plan, really, but would like to see a couple places. I'm starting in NYC, so i'd like to swing by niagra falls, maybe go up into canada, trickle down through the midwest, hit some southern states, go to the grand canyon and other national parks, then end up in california. has anyone done a meandering trip like this before? suggestions? i bought the adventure cycling maps for the west coast but never used them. two state maps from the tourist center were more than sufficient. i've heard this is not the case going cross country. but this is a digression.

basically, if you want to mash up on some killer transcontinental roads with a very laid-back and nice guy who likes camping and is trying to experience his last major excursion before all my summers are belong to hospital, then hop on board! i'm planning to leave mid june and return mid august. i think it's a doable trip in 2 months.

--zach