Old 08-24-05, 06:16 PM
woody_1029

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Is there a doctor in the house? I think I REALLY #*$@ed up!

I'm hoping to get some help here, though I doubt the situation I'm in can be rectified soon.

Here's the deal. 2 weeks ago, I donated blood. Not only did I donate, but I did the double red cell donation. I was talked into this by one of the nurses on site. I was told that I would feel better upon leaving after the double red-cell donation than I would feel after a regular donation, (which I've done many, many times) since they replace the plasma and other fluids with this process that are not replaced with a regular, whole blood donation. What they refrain from telling you is that if you are an athlete you are going to be sucking wind for some time afterwards!

Now, the problem. My LT has dropped significantly. My endurance SUCKS. I have NO lungs. And I have an MS150 in 4 weeks in which I pull my 8 year daughter on a pedal trailer. From what I've read, it will take up to 120 days to completely restore my red blood cells. (They don't tell you this when you are donating -- not yet anyway.) Obviously, I don't have that much time.

Can anyone offer me some advice as to how I can increase my red blood cells -- SOON?