View Single Post
Old 12-22-12, 12:35 PM
Rowan

Mentioned: 125 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1454 Post(s)
Liked 85 Times in 40 Posts
Originally Posted by UpL8
The fact is that while many people here and at other sites have stated how idiotic it is to offer a bike for touring without the ability to mount a front rack (and I don't disagree), I didn't buy this bike for touring - at least at the moment - I bought it because it has just about everything I could want at this point in my cycling abilities/interests. I have to think that by the time I get out on this bike and ride it long enough I can decide where I might want to go with my next purchase.
You don't need to have eyelets and braze-ons for the front fork to go touring, unless it's expedition trekking in highly remote places that require you to carry the kitchen sink along with everything else.

There are plenty of people, including me, who tour quite happily with just a rear rack and panniers, for weeks or months at a time. With some creativity, careful spending and sorting out your comfort zone, lighter and less bulky are always worthy aims.

You don't mention the specs of the bike, but I am sure that for the price, it will do what you want. However, I would seek out someone to check the wheels and retension the spokes for you as a priority...